Laboratório Edol – Produtos Farmacêuticos, S.A., Av. 25 de Abril, nº 6-6A, 2795-225 Linda-a-Velha, Portugal (hereinafter referred to as “EDOL”, “WE”, “US” and “OUR”), takes the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously. This Privacy Statement outlines what personal data we may collect about you and how we may use it.
EDOL fully understands the importance of privacy and the protection of personal data in the digital era and is committed to ensure an adequate level of data protection for all persons with whom EDOL has dealings.
This Privacy escribes EDOL’s global practices to ensure an adequate protection of personal data, i.e. any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, for all data processing carried out in the framework of its business and activities (“Personal Data”).
The objective of this Policy is to help you understand:
- THE PURPOSES: for what reasons and purposes EDOL processes your Personal Data
- ON WHAT GROUND: on what basis does EDOL process your Personal Data
- WHERE FROM: from what sources does EDOL collect your Personal Data
- WHO: who are the authorized parties that EDOL may disclose your Personal Data to
- WHERE: where EDOL and its authorized parties may process your Personal Data
- HOW SECURE: what EDOL does to protect your Personal Data
- HOW LONG: EDOL’s approach to defining the term of retention of your Personal Data
- YOUR RIGHTS: what your rights are and how you can exercise them
- HOW TO CONTACT US: where and how you can reach us if you wish to exercise your rights or if you have a question
What processing activities does this Policy cover?
This Policy is intended to apply to all processing activities EDOL conducts towards the persons it deals with in its professional business activities.
Specific privacy and data protection information notices (“Privacy Statment”) and/or consent forms will, if necessary, be communicated to you regarding specific situations where EDOL may process your Personal Data. These Privacy Statments shall describe in more detail how your Personal Data will be processed in relation with the processing in question. If the legislation of your country so requires, this Policy and/or Privacy Statments may be supplemented by local mandatory provisions, as the case may be.
The purposes: EDOL will always collect your Personal Data for explicit and legitimate purposes. EDOL collects your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to carry out our business operations ; carry out marketing and sales ; respond to your requests; to keep track of our interactions and meetings, such as when you contact us for information and support ;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations that apply to EDOL ; monitor safety ; manage adverse events ; carry out prevention and investigatory activities ; carry out administrative formalities, registration, declarations or
- to conduct research and development; carry out clinical studies, analyze demographic data ; offer special programs, activities, trials, events or promotions via our services ; carry out market or consumer studies ;
- to provide you access to online services, application and platforms ; manage your online accounts;
- to allow us to identify or authenticate you ; provide or verify your credentials including via passwords, password hints, security information and questions, government-issued ID, healthcare professional number, driver’s license data, and passport
- to improve and develop our products and services ; identify usage trends and develop new products and services ; understand how you and your device interacts with our services ; track and respond to safety concerns ; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, conduct surveys;
- to personalize your experience when using our services ; ensure that our services are presented in the way that best suits you ; understand your professional and personal interests in our content, products and services or other content and adapt our content to your needs and preferences ; present you products and offers tailored to you ;
- to allow us to communicate with you ; respond to your requests or inquiries ; provide support for products and services ; provide you with important information, administrative information, required notices, and promotional materials ; send you news and information about our products, our services, our brands, our operations ; organize and manage professional events and congresses, including your participation to such events ;
- to process payments we may need to issue in a specific situation; verify your financial data ;
- facilitate further to offer donations and sponsorships ;
- to respond to legal requests from administrative or judicial authorities, in accordance with applicable laws ; comply with a subpoena, required registration, or legal process
- to protect our rights and interests ; protect the health, safety, and security of EDOL personnel and premises ; carry out internal audits, asset management, system and other business controls ; manage business administration (finance and accounting, fraud monitoring and prevention) ; maintain the security of our services and operations ; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may incur as necessary ; to protect ourselves against possible fraudulent
On what ground? EDOL will always process your Personal Data lawfully. Depending on the data processing at stake, EDOL will generally process your Personal Data on either one of the following legal basis:
- your prior consent : where you have clearly expressed your approval of EDOL’s processing of your Personal Data. In practice, this will generally mean that EDOL will ask you to sign a document, or to fill-in an online “opt-in” form or to follow any relevant procedure to allow you to be fully informed and then either clearly accept or refuse the data processing
- a contractual relationship between you and EDOL: in such case, the processing of your Personal Data is generally necessary to the execution or the performance of the contract; this means that if you do not wish EDOL to process your Personal Data in that context, EDOL may or will be obliged to refuse to enter into such contract with you or will not be able to provide the products or services covered in this
- legal obligations applicable to EDOL’s activities: for instance, EDOL is required to implement pharmacovigilance procedures to monitor adverse effects of marketed products, which generally involves the collection and retention of Personal
- the “legitimate interest” of EDOL in the sense of applicable data protection law. In such a case, EDOL shall consider your fundamental rights and interests in determining whether the processing is legitimate and
EDOL may, on a case-by-case basis, rely on other legal grounds, such as the protection of your vital interests, in accordance with applicable data protection law, as set forth in the applicable Privacy Notice.
Where does the Personal Data come from? EDOL will always collect Personal Data from trusted sources. EDOL may collect your Personal Data from different sources:
- Data that you communicate to us through various media, through registrations, applications surveys or direct and indirect interactions with For example, data you provide to register to scientific events sponsored by EDOL, to submit an online application, to send us a request for information, etc.
- Data that we collect automatically, for instance when following your interactions with our websites, platforms, applications and services through certain technologies, such as
- Data that we collect in accordance with applicable law from public sources available, including data that is published by you in all
- Data that we obtain legally from third parties, for example, when we may need to confirm contact or financial information or to verify licensure of healthcare In such case, we generally receive such Personal Data from third-parties that are authorized to do so in the framework of their own privacy and data protection policies or in accordance with the law. As applicable, we will inform you in the Privacy Notice of the identity of those third-parties and will invite you to refer to their privacy and data protection policies to inquire on the origin of such Personal Data and the condition of their collection.
About children Personal Data
we do not otherwise knowingly solicit Personal Data from, or market to, children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she should contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will take steps to delete such information from our database in accordance with applicable legal requirements
Who is Responsible for Your Personal Data
We determine the purposes and manner in which your personal data is collected, used and/or disclosed and managed in line with EDOL Internal Privacy lines
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
We may collect and use personal data about you such as:
- Email address
- Country of residence
- Telephone number
- Occupation (for example, if you are a Healthcare Professional seeking information about our products)
Who Will Have Access To Your Personal Data?
Your personal data may be transferred to other EDOL group partners. We may also share your personal data with certain third parties such as: IT providers for the purposes of system development and technical support; auditors and consultants to verify our compliance with external and internal requirements; statutory bodies, law enforcement agencies and litigants, as per a legal reporting requirement or claim; and a successor or business partner to EDOL or to an EDOL group company in the event that it sells, divests or sets up a collaboration/joint venture for all or part of its business.
How do We Store Your Data
EDOL will store your personal data for a number of years in accordance with local laws and the company´s Document Retention Policy. For more information on EDOL’s internal Document Retention policy you may contact our Data Protection Officer.
EDOL entities and third parties may be based anywhere in the world, which could include countries that may not offer the same legal protections for personal data as your country of residence. Irrespective of which country your personal data is transferred, We would only share your personal data under a strict ‘need to know’ basis and under appropriate contractual restrictions.
How We Protect Your Information
We have in place appropriate privacy and security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the security and integrity of all Our information, including your personal data.
What are Your Rights?
to have access upon simple request to your Personal Data – in which case you may receive a copy of such data (if requested), unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account ;
to obtain a rectification of your Personal Data should your Personal Data be inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete ;
to obtain the deletion of your Personal Data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (‘right to be forgotten’);
to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent ;
to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of legitimate interests of EDOL, in which case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
to request a limitation of the data processing in the situations set forth by applicable law ;
to receive your Personal Data for transmission from EDOL to a third-party or to have your Personal Data directly transferred by EDOL to the third-party of your choice, where technically feasible (data portability right allowed only where the processing is based on your consent)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will take necessary steps to respond as soon as possible.
You may also file a complaint before a competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Data. While we suggest that you contact us beforehand, if you wish to exercise this right, you should contact directly the competent data protection authority – CNPD – Comissão de Proteção de Dados.
How to contact us
EDOL welcomes any questions or comments you may have regarding this Policy or its implementation. Any such questions or comments should be submitted using the contact information below:
You can send any request pertaining to EDOL’s use of your Personal Data to our Data Protection Officer at the following email address: email@example.com